Robert H. Treman State Park
105 Enfield Falls Rd
- Friday, August 19th:
- If it's nice some will gather for an informal gathering / dinner at Ithaca Beer. If it's raining we probably won't as they don't have a huge indoor space and are usually pretty packed.
- Saturday, August 20th:
- Finger Lakes Runners Club's Monster Half and Marathon
- For those wanting to double up for some more miles, or come in just for Saturday's racing, this will be the 28th annual Monster Half and Full. Here long before the rest of us were doing it, and keeping it true to grass roots style of a low key but well executed event, this is a gem.
Handicapped Start Time:
- 6:30 – 8:00 AM for the Marathon
- 8:15 – 9:00 AM for the Half Marathon
- 4:00 – 7:00 PM: Finger Lakes Runners Club's annual member and volunteer gathering to follow.
- 3:00 PM: Ice Cream Run
- Red Newt will lead ya'll on the Dennis' Ice Cream Run. Dennis is a friend whose been making some of the best ice cream on the planet since before I was born (or somewhere around then). For a long time it was served only at Moosewood and the Farmer's Market. A couple years ago he opened up his own shop at his place which just happens to border the park. The plan will be to do a 4'ish mile (round trip) trail run with Ice Cream gorging of ourselves in the middle. Red Newt pays for any/all.
- Sunday, August 21st:
- 9:00 AM: Rim Climber Kids Fun Run
- 1'ish mile loop with a steep ascent on the Rim Trail, utility road connection to, and return on the Finger Lakes Trail.
- Free (unless your kid whines wherein in costs $10…whining tip jar will be located at the top of the hill).
- 10:00 AM: Lucifer's Crossing Trail Run/s
- 8:00 – 9:45 AM: Pre-Registration and Race-Day Registration at the South Shelter
- Why so late? It's low key and fun…even though many do, I don't like getting up wicked early if I don't have to...whether to run or work…and I don't want others to if traveling from out of town.
- Caddy Swim
- Robert H. Treman has a pretty cool swimming area adjacent to the weekend's staging area. It's been called one of the top or most scenic swimming holes in the country. That's totally ridiculous but it's pretty cool. And has a diving board. If it's nice I'm hoping we can get together for a group Trail-Runner swim in the classic Caddy Swim fashion after the race.
- 11:30'ish/post-race (or somewhere around there…unless it's really hot and we decide to go earlier)